- for the asking
- adverbon the occasion of a request-
advice was free for the asking• Syn: ↑on request
* * *for the askingFreely available on request• • •Main Entry: ↑ask
* * *for the asking phraseavailable if you ask for it
There are sales jobs for the asking.Thesaurus: available and to be, or to become availablesynonymMain entry: ask
* * *used to indicate that something can be easily obtained
the job was his for the asking
* * *for the asking◇ If something is yours for the asking, you can have it if you want it or ask for it.
This job is hers for the asking. [=she can have the job if she wants it]
Our services are available/free for the asking. [=our services are available/free for anyone who wants them]• • •Main Entry: ↑ask
* * *for the ˈasking idiomif you can have sth for the asking, it is very easy for you to get it if you ask for it
The job is yours for the asking.Main entry: ↑askidiom
Useful english dictionary. 2012.